Destination: Fort George Canyon
The Caledonia Ramblers will be leading an Easy hike along the Fort George Canyon trail, 24.5 km south of Prince George, on Sunday, June 13th. This 9 km hike, takes hikers on a lovely walk through the pine, spruce, birch, and poplar forests typical of our area and to an excellent view of Fort George Canyon. You can also come across the pitons used to winch riverboats through the spot back when they were a key source of transport along the Fraser River. Participants should bring a day backpack, sufficient water or perhaps something else to drink, lunch and snacks, extra clothing and rain gear, insect repellent, gaiters, sunscreen and perhaps hiking poles and bear spray. Please meet 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of 9 a.m. in the parking lot behind Prince George City Hall.
- Those interested must pre-register by contacting the trip leader Dave at email@example.com or 250-564-8887.
- The hikes are limited to 10 people (leader included) and paid up members get first dibs. Guests will be welcome if there is any room left. (Anyone who has gone on more than two club hikes must become a member).
- If more than 10 are interested, we'll put you on a waiting list and, depending on numbers and whether we can find a leader, a second "flight" of hikers will be organized with a separate departure time.
- No carpooling beyond those within your immediate "bubble."
- We strongly urge those interested to have had at least one dose of vaccination against COVID-19.
- Please bring a mask and hand sanitizer and practice physical distancing while out on the trail. Stay two metres, or two hiking poles apart.
The carpool fee is $0
For more information contact Dave at: 250-564-8887