Destination: Huble Farm
The Caledonia Ramblers will be leading an easy hike at Huble Homestead this Sunday, June 13. Distance is 12 kilometres and takes about four hours, starting at the east end of Mitchell Road off Highway 97, with a 4.5 km walk west on Mitchell Road. A 10 minute bushwack follows to avoid a flooded section of an unclassified road, and then a 500 meter swampy section (but not serious) to the start of the fence line trail which then heads down to the east end community pasture beside the Fraser River. Participants should bring a day backpack, sufficient water or something hot to drink, snacks and extra food, gaiters and possibly hiking poles. Please meet 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of 9 a.m. at the Prince George City Hall parking lot.
- Those interested must pre-register by contacting the trip leader Nowell at email@example.com or 250-562-7485.
- The hikes are limited to 10 people (leader included) and paid up members get first dibs. Guests will be welcome if there is any room left. (Anyone who has gone on more than two club hikes must become a member).
- If more than 10 are interested, we'll put you on a waiting list and, depending on numbers and whether we can find a leader, a second "flight" of hikers will be organized with a separate departure time.
- No carpooling beyond those within your immediate "bubble."
- We strongly urge those interested to have had at least one dose of vaccination against COVID-19.
- Please bring a mask and hand sanitizer and practice physical distancing while out on the trail. Stay two metres, or two hiking poles apart.
The carpool fee is $0
For more information contact Nowell at: 250-562-7485